A disability isn’t always a long-term health concern. In fact, disability can refer to a broken leg from a skiing accident, pulled back muscles from cleaning out the garage or a cancer diagnosis that can put a person out of work for days or even weeks at a time. In addition to a disability of any sort affecting one’s physical health, it often impacts their financial well-being.
BankersWorksite® Group Short-Term Disability coverage can help provide benefits for day-to-day expenses that occur during a period of disability. A smart financial decision when preparing for the future – its customizable benefits plans can assist individuals as they tackle a temporary disabling illness or injury.
- Flexible plan structures
- Provides a monthly benefit directly to the insured
- Coverage issued up to 67% of current gross monthly salary, including commissions**
- Waiver of Premium included***
- Coverage for mental and nervous disorders
- No reduction of benefits due to any other coverage, including Worker’s Compensation
- Pre-existing credit for replacement of prior group coverage
- Issue age rates available
- Flexible riders, including Partial Disability, Limited Pre-Ex and FMLA, add valuable benefits
* Plan details may vary.
**Gross monthly salary includes commissions, which are based on a 6-month average.
Bonuses and overtime are not included.
Subject to maximum benefit allowed.
***Waiver of premium applied once the covered employee satisfies the elimination period and begins receiving disability benefits